08 August 2006

turn the last page down, I'm not that far behind

Time to travel again. And so I take a small but significant step. Across a continent, across a consciousness - a simple stride to bypass the United States. They are not my destination today. These paper boats have sailed me to those crazy shores too often. Today is about discovering places new. And so my feet fall in Canada.



A sprawling ceiling of land at the top of the world. I see vast open spaces and I welcome the chance to breathe again after the heat and the hubbub of Cuba. I see a family ready to greet me - welcome after the closed chances and mistrustful glances of Cuba.

I have my stereotype spotters guide to hand. Ever ignorant I anticipate moose and maple syrup, French spoken far from France, seal culling, beaver, geese, mounted police and humour that smirks at pleasure at not being an American.




the circumnavigator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home